17 December 2007

Fun Monday 12.17.07

This weeks Fun Monday is being hosted by Kitten. This weeks assignment:

Today for Fun Monday I thought it would be neat to hear about the story behind your home and the road you live on. It doesn't have to be historical, maybe just something that stands out to you. It would be nice to have pictures to go with your little story. I also would like to know who has the oldest house. Whoever has the oldest house will get a little Christmas treat from little ole me.


Well, Debs pretty much took care of the actual history of our housing development. My neighborhood was part of the Fort Wolters military reservation. The actual house we live in was part of the "officer housing."

Below is a picture of a typical house in the neighborhood. I do not yet have a camera, so I could not get a pic of our actual house, but they are all basically the same.



I have no clue regarding the origin of our street name. How we got there was a matter of economic necessity. I just started working the local prison, and current gas prices did not permit us to live in our old town. The old town was full of snobby wannabees anyway. My only memories of our current house are just that, current.

9 comments:

kitten said...

Looks nice and cozy~

Sandy said...

whoo hoo, officer's housing! You guys rate!

Anonymous said...

I read Debs already and wanted to see the guy slant. Sirdar and I both did Fun Monday today too. The officers housing here is pretty much cookie cutter houses also, I guess for economic reasons. At least you have current memories, some people have no memory at all :-).

Princess Jewelee said...

Great home, makes me inda nostalgic for my old military house

kitten said...

I have our winner post up!

Debs said...

Robocop you CrAzY dUdE. :D Evergreen because it is always green? That can't be it. :P

ChrisB said...

So were the officers houses superior ?!

Tiggerlane said...

NO snobby wannabes! I hate those! Of course, now I'm moving into an area full of them. Guess they'll really hate it when my guests make a nuisance during our wild parties!

Robocop said...

chrisb:

Officer housing is always superior. Enlisted soldiers were always the bottom of the barrel.