21 December 2007

YAY! Another Year Closer To DEATH



Sometime around March of 1966, my Father forgot to put on a condom. My mother chose not to terminate the pregnancy. Nine months later, four days before Christmas, the product of their decision was born.

So here I am, forty one years later, still reflecting on their choice. I have successfully completed my first year as a middle aged man, but not without its hitches. The stroke I had should have served as a wake up call, to what, I do not know. I am just here. No parades, no tv specials, and not much to show for not dying. So I hereby resolve to complete yet another year of my life, another year closer to death. Cheers to my family, and my friends, both IRL, and on the net. Praise the Lord for giving me another chance to clear up my mistakes, and perhaps even to serve some hidden purpose. Here's to life, this one, and the next.

11 comments:

Sandy said...

Well, Happy Birthday!

Joy T. said...

Stopping over from Robinella's to wish another December baby a Happy Birthday!! Here's to 'at least' another 41!

Unknown said...

Well aren't you the gloomy gus! Let me know how 41 feels as I'll be there in a couple of months myself. :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Robinella said...

The sarcasm was well taken! Hope Debbie "treats you right" on this day you are not dead! Of course, if you were, that would be kinda gross. Anyhoo~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY fellow DBB!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, and may you have many more years to ponder your good deeds in this world. I have passed that age by a few years, but not too many, so with women living longer than men, we may face demise in the same year. Just to put things in perspective, you know, in case you needed that.

Robocop said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I'll be making my blog rounds this weekend. I've been too tired to keep up.

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

Well, my dear? That was just depressing.

Happy Birthday. Are you just upset your birthday is the shortest day of the year??

Unknown said...

I keep signing in on that other account.

And, aren't you glad your parents celebrated St. Patty's a little too hard???

Kaytabug said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!
Hope you get some rest!!

Debs said...

*In low slow voice* Happy Birthday. Happy Birthday. Pain and sorrow fill the air. Children dying everywhere, but Happy Birthday. Anyway.

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday!!!